Sunday, March 7, 2010

If I could Make a Commercial on Sanibel.....







Every time I see a tv spot for Key West, Islamorada or the Florida Keys (there are 3 that play consistently in this area), I am both delighted and depressed.


I love the images and the quality of the cinematography. Even if I have never been to any of those places, I would certainly want to go watching the commercials. They are short, sweet and stunning!


But I also feel let down as all the scenes captured could just as easily be on Sanibel Island, and I can't help but feel that the Island is missing a great opportunity in telling the world just how beautiful a little place she is.



Though I may have no ability to persuade the powers that be to spend the necessary monies to create a commercial on Sanibel, quite an expensive undertaking if done correctly, I also run the scenes through my head to envision what the story board would look like.



I would open with a Roseate Spoonbill awakening from a slumber in the first light of dawn. It would take it's head out from under its wing, spread its wings and fly off, a spot of pink in a golden sky. The next scene would show a colorful sail boat also pushing off with sails unfurled and blowing in a gentle breeze. The next segue would be to a family riding their bikes on their way to one of the picturesque eateries where they will have breakfast. Leaping into the following cut will be a school of dolphin, showing off their acrobatic prowess. A late afternoon capture of some gentle waves on the beach washing over a few beautiful shells would be the next order of the day. And the concluding image, though admittedly not very original, will be the iconic Sanibel sunset, skies a collage of purple and orange, a couple clinking glasses of wine to toast the beauty of dusk and the love in their life.


If I could make a commercial on Sanibel.....






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

perhaps you should make one Sylvie... look how well some of the low budget films do!

Samba said...

When I retire, Tans, I have a list of things I want to do...write a book, make commercials, get a full night's sleep, etc.